Merchant-managed recurring billing
How it works
- The registration module collects all essential shopper data and payment methods used for regular payments, managing these in a secure way that is certified according topics (level 1). The registration data is abstracted via a token used for subsequent payment.
- The merchant calls the payment platform and requests to debit a shopper, referencing the registration details via the token provided; this initiates a recurring payment cycle.
- The merchant repeats the payment collection as defined by the shopper’s subscription agreement. For regular processing, merchants can adapt their marketing strategy with flexible price or product variations, which activate the shopper or initiate a reaction to competitors.
- In case the shopper cancels the service, the merchant deregisters the shopper in the registration module. All data will be deactivated and archived securely according to industry standards and regulations.
- In case the Account Updater service is supported by the issuer, expired card details can be automatically updated.